This program applies to the rehabilitation, upgrades, replacement or new commercial permanent ground signage.
Description & General Terms
The Signage Grant Program is available in the Community Improvement Area (as outlined on the BIA boundary map) through the provision of financial assistance to eligible owners/applicants.
What Can Be Done
Applicants are eligible to apply for program funding, pending compliance with the general requirements and funding availability as approved by Council. The following signage improvements are eligible for a grant under this program:
- Upgrades or replacement of existing ground signage.
- Installation of new ground signage.
- Signage lighting.
- Replacement or repair of signage and/or installation of appropriate new or refurbished signage. This includes signage that is fixed to the building’s face. Signage replacement and/or installation is only permitted through Township approval.
All improvements and new signage should follow the design guidelines.
The program only applies to permanent ground signs. Signs attached or supported by a building or structure are not eligible.
– The Township will cover 50% of eligible costs up to a maximum grant of $2,000.
– Before a Township cheque is issued, the applicant must submit proof of payment for approved eligible completed work.
– Costs exceeding the maximum grant value shall be the responsibility of the applicant.
– Successful applicants will enter into an agreement with the Township which will outline the specific terms of the grant program.
*Pending amendments by Council
Who is Eligible
– Registered owners, assessed owners and tenants of lands and buildings, and any person to whom such an owner or tenant has assigned the rights for the subject property.
– Only commercial properties are eligible for signage grant funding.
– Township staff will review the property tax record. Property owners who are in arrears of property taxes, local improvement charges or any other municipal accounts receivable on the subject property are not eligible to receive the grant.
– The applicant must not have any outstanding BIA levy arrears at the time of application or during the term of the grant.
– Outstanding work orders (building, fire, zoning, etc.) must be satisfied prior to funding approval.
The application has been extended until late Fall, 2021. Please reach out to a BIA member.